POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rounded_lsweep, an object macro : Re: rounded_lsweep, an object macro Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rounded_lsweep, an object macro
From: stbenge
Date: 14 Jul 2010 11:37:19
Message: <4c3dd9af$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> You did it again, Sam! Congratulations and thank you indeed!
>
> Something for the Object Collection, no doubt.

Cool! Thanks for looking beyond the horribly sterile image :) The macro
does not perform any bounds checking to properly fit the arcs to the
segments. Doing so would have been too complex. The current behavior
actually gives you more control, I think.

Can you think of a better name than "rounded_lsweep"? I tried to choose
a name that would conform to the Object Collection's naming convention,
just in case I decided to post it there.

I can already think of a couple more useful macros based on this
technique. Hopefully I can make progress on at least one of them, to
finish a modeling project.